Design Salon Recap: Jen Buchanan and Brittany Hinyard
On February 12, Jen Buchanan and Brittany Hinyard joined us to talk about collaboration, innovation, and leveraging current systems to work toward a better future. Watch the recording here.
Creating innovative schools which can adapt to modern-day challenges requires creative solutions. Two educator-leaders in pursuit of these creative solutions, Jen Buchanan and Brittany Hinyard, joined us for a design salon on February 12 to share their thoughts and research on adaptive school Culture (for more about them see this post).
Highlights of the design salon include:
- How innovation must be based on the DNA of a school
- The biggest barriers in the way of enacting change including teacher stress levels and empowerment
- How principles need to share leadership. How they should groom future leaders and teachers.
- How modern education is more about building relationships than knowledge acquisition
- “Being innovative is about staying relevant and responsible”
For more about the Future Schools Alliance, see their website here: Future Schools Alliance. To join future design salons, check back in with our website for the schedule.
See the video below: